Wednesday, October 26, 2011

NYC weekend

I just returned from a super quick trip to NYC to visit my husband who has been working on a movie.  It was fantastic to see him after 7 long weeks of solo parenting....and pretty amazing to get out walking with my 4 year old and explore the city.  I'll have to say the whole Mid Town vibe kind of freaked me out...super frantic..so I ended up exploring all the neighborhoods of Chelsea, Soho, and Tribeca.  

One of my favorite places was http://eatalyny.com/ Think of one spectacular place that you can eat, shop fresh produce/meats/fish/cheese, purchase utensils, and pick up some amazing beers/wine to go with it all.  I was so blown away by this fantastic eatery/shop and was astounded to count 16 different types of exotic mushrooms in the produce section.  My now to die for flavor is the amazing 'blistered shishito peppers with maldon salt"....ahhh my mouth is watering thinking of them.
While exploring Soho I stumbled across a cool new store (just opened 2 months ago) http://www.treasureandbond.com/site/ The concept of this place is utterly cool. It has the most eclectic jewelry /homeware/clothing and fabulous accessories...I have ever seen all in one place. All proceeds, after cost-profits, go to support local charities. Guilt Free Shopping..anyone! I am absolutely dying for the huge wool crocheted ottomans.

1 comment: